Monday 19 July 2004

It's all in the mind

"TINA: Louis, you know I agree with you that existence precedes essence, but ...well, I just want to tell you I've been reading Nietzsche lately, and I don't think I can agree with your egalitarian politics any more.
CROWD: Wooooo! Woooooo!
LOUIS: (shocked and disbelieving) Tina, this is crazy. You know that Sartre clarified all this way back in the 40's.
TINA: But he didn't take into account Nietzsche's radical critique of democratic morality, Louis. I'm sorry. I can't ignore the contradiction any longer!
LOUIS: You got these ideas from Victor, didn't you? Didn't you!?
TINA: Don't you bring up Victor! I only turned to him when I saw you were seeing that dominatrix! I needed a real man! An Uber-man!
LOUIS: (sobbing) I couldn't help it. It was my burden of freedom. It was too much!
JERRY: We've got someone here who might have something to add. Bring out...Victor!
Victor enters.
From The lowest-rated Jerry Springer show ever at Philosophy Now. [Link courtesy Mahesh Murthy at Ryze]

No comments: