|Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur|
Reactions, suggestions, any kind of feedback is always welcome.
D Mervin Ffingir writes, and having writ, moves on:
Sunday, February 01, 2015
Hello Genderlog fans :)
I'm doing a stint behind the wheel at @genderlogindia on Twitter
The topics I plan to focus on are women in the workplace in professions that on the surface seem to have a fair amount of gender balance, but which nevertheless see discrimination happening. From conversations I've had, this can be of a more subtle nature than what one would see in more traditionally chauvinistic work areas, but it exists all right.
The professional areas that came to mind:
• Journalism including broadcast journalism, photojournalism, criticism, opinion, editorial cartooning, and design and tech in their journalistic avataars
• Publishing including writing, art and design in their book avataars, aside from the business of publishing
• Advertising, Marketing, PR, including social media handling, Event Management
• Art commercial, creative, design
• Technology (yes, there is quite a decent ratio at least in the younger age groups, and then many women seem to drop out, and examining why that happens is part of that discussion) and Science
• Academia and Education
• Entrepreneurship across categories
• Maybe Banking and Financial Services too, since so many women are at the top of this field
Edited to add:
• Entertainment, including cinema, music, stage, stand-up
I was wondering whether (a) you have any suggestions for things I should read on the topic, and link to, connected with gender and these area of work and (b) whether I can call on you to chip in on the discussions when they happen?
Let me know, and also do please pass the word?
Leave suggestions here, or tweet me at zigzackly or email me.
Note: [*] = The site linked to requires registration.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.