Sunday 3 April 2005

Hans Christian Andersen...

was born on the 2nd April, 1805, and as Nilanjana S Roy says, "This year will be full of tributes to Hans Christian Andersen, from Tina Turner concerts to symphonic performances of fairy tales, readings and the rest." Hers is here.

That piece got me remembering that Andersen was probably the first name that imprinted itself on my mind under the header "writer." Though I can't recall individual tales at the moment, I remember that some of his stories scared the pants off this young griffin - not, of course, that I would have admitted it. Fuzzy memories of children lost in the snow, a mermaid with bleeding feet...

Anyway, that wasn't even what I meant to blog about. The point was it's so nice to see so many of one's favourite writers putting their columns and articles up on their blogs. Besides not having to weed through what so many publications seem to fondly think is friendly Search to find them, one gets to also peek behind the scenes. Kinda like a "The making of..." section of a DVD. In Nilanjana's article, for instance, we learn that she did this one while battling malarial fever, and has no recollection of having actually written it. Me, if I have so much as a sniffle I put my feet up and abandon all thoughts of work.

Ooh. A mosquito just bit me. Expect higher blogging standards here in a few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's all this "I" and "me"? What happened to the noble first person plural that we expect of our Griffins, sniffling or otherwise??