Thursday 6 April 2006

From the desk of Massah Gates



"At Microsoft, e-mail is the medium of choice, more than phone calls, documents, blogs, bulletin boards, or even meetings (voicemails and faxes are actually integrated into our e-mail in-boxes).

"I get about 100 e-mails a day. We apply filtering to keep it to that level–e-mail comes straight to me from anyone I've ever corresponded with, anyone from Microsoft, Intel, HP, and all the other partner companies, and anyone I know. And I always see a write-up from my assistant of any other e-mail, from companies that aren't on my permission list or individuals I don't know. That way I know what people are praising us for, what they are complaining about, and what they are asking."
From How I Work: Bill Gates in Fortune, and on CNNMoney. [Via Fosfor Gadgets.]

Darn. No mention of those emails that His Billness is supposed to be tracking and paying us 5 cents for.

p.s. The rest of the How I Work series features Marissa Mayer Bill Gross, Vera Wang, Howard Schultz, Wynton Marsalis, Carlos Ghosn, Amy W. Schulman, A.G. Lafley, John McCain, Jane Friedman, Judge Richard Posner, Hank Paulson.

No comments: