Saturday 21 October 2006

Wings

In the grounds of Om Beach Resort, Gokarna.

100_3361
I think this is a kingfisher. S/he was too far away to see clearly with the naked eye. This was at full 10x zoom.

100_3364
Hugely delighted with this shot. Again, full zoom, from an armchair in my villa's porch.

From the hill between Om Beach and Kudlai Beach.

100_3428
This dude was surfing the thermals coming up the hill. Missed the shot when he was overhead, and got lucky as he spiralled back. As far as I know, this is a fishing eagle. Brown body, white head.

100_3429
Same dude(tte?) making a turn.

100_3431
Freakishly lucky shot. Must have been about 10, 15 metres away, in a clear blue sky. I (don't tell anyone now) did the yeeha-fist-pump thing when I saw this on the camera display.

From Estuary View, Karwar.

100_3486
Looked up, saw this guy overhead, swung camera to eye with smooth, swift motion, almost took eye out, clicked.

100_3483
Three in the bush, erm, tree. Naah. Doesn't have a ring to it.

100_3485_1
Close-up of the one who, in the previous shot, was sniffing his underarmswings.

4 comments:

Falstaff said...

Beautiful. I am seriously envious.

zigzackly said...

Mission accomplished, then. :D

ggop said...

Came here from Falstaff's blog.
I am so envious of your photography skills.
-gg

Anonymous said...

Thatz very very cool. Inspires me to try some photography stunts. Currently busy clicking my 7 month old daughter :)